Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use my own computer / hardware?
– Yes! You can use your own device for the kiosk; however, it needs to have a touchscreen as well as a web camera and microphone.
Can I use my existing forms?
– Yes! Our team will convert all of your existing forms to digital forms.
Does WelcomeWare integrate with my CRM, EMR…?
– Yes! WelcomeWare supports data entry into any 3rd party system and is also happy to pursue API integrations with any 3rd party system.
Does WelcomeWare support esignatures?
– Yes! Your visitors can use their finger or a stylus to sign any forms that require a signature.
Is WelcomeWare HIPAA compliant?
– Yes! We take security incredibly seriously. If you require a HIPAA compliant platform, let us know and we’d be happy to sign a BAA.
If I use WelcomeWare hardware, what’s included?
– When you use hardware provided by WelcomeWare, you get everything that you need delivered right to you. In addition to a touch screen computer, webcam and mic, a USB scanner and hands free thermometer are also available. IT support related to the hardware is also included.
What is WelcomeWare?
– WelcomeWare® is a live-stream receptionist service. It aims to help companies with virtual front desk solutions that eliminate the time-consuming process of front office interviewing, hiring, and firing. WelcomeWare reduces business costs and provides a better experience for customers.
What does WelcomeWare do?
– WelcomeWare provides businesses with an integrated web-based platform that harnesses people, software, and hardware to deliver an all-in-one check-in, reception, and customer service solution.
How does WelcomeWare work?
– Customers engage with the WelcomeWare-provided touch-screen kiosk in the front desk of the business. The virtual receptionist – either provided by the company or WelcomeWare – facilitates the check-in process by providing the forms and instructions. The customers complete the process by interacting with the touch-screen and showing required IDs to be captured by the receptionist via the built-in camera.
Why is WelcomeWare needed?
– Hiring receptionists has become difficult and costly for businesses. An unattended front desk can lead to customer dissatisfaction and lose a lot of money for the company. WelcomeWare solves this problem with a virtual receptionist solution that ensures a cost-efficient front desk that is always ready.
Where can WelcomeWare be used?
– WelcomeWare can be used anywhere for your team to remotely interact with your clients, visitors, or patients.
Which devices is WelcomeWare compatible with?
– WelcomeWare is compatible with all devices that support Google Chrome.
Does WelcomeWare have multiple language options?
– Yes! Our platform has multi-lingual support to match your business needs.
How much does WelcomeWare cost?
– The HIPAA-compliant software and hardware platform costs between $100 to $500 every month per location, based on the chosen platform plan. Our dedicated receptionist costs $2000 per month. Every platform setup has a one-time fee of $500 per location.
What is the difference between the Platform and the Dedicated Remote Receptionist service?
– Our “Platform” allows YOUR receptionists to work remotely via our live-streaming technology. We provide the hardware and software which enable your customers to perform check-ins.
Our “Dedicated Remote Receptionist” service provides you with our highly-skilled, highly-affordable professionals who serve as your dedicated remote receptionist, on top of the hardware and software that the “Platform” offers.
Is there an option for my company to use its own staff with WelcomeWare, or can I use only your receptionists?
– Our receptionists go through a vetting and training process that is designed to meet your needs. However, companies can opt for the dedicated platform monitored by our receptionist team, or to choose the platform only, supplying their own receptionist team.
What services can the dedicated remote receptionists provide?
– Our remote receptionists can do virtually everything an in-person receptionist can do (other than give your visitors a cup of coffee). Our platform enables them to do live stream check-ins, but they are also able to help with other administrative tasks such as scheduling appointments, data entry, and answering phone calls and emails — at a fraction of the cost.
Are the dedicated remote receptionists trained?
– Yes! Our receptionists undergo a rigorous training process to serve as friendly, energetic receptionists who will cater to all of your industry-specific requirements, internal software, and location-specific workflows.
Does WelcomeWare have dedicated remote receptionists that speak languages other than English?
– Yes! Our dedicated remote receptionist package offers multiple languages, and we will match the right remote receptionist to your specific needs.
How much can a company save by using WelcomeWare?
– Companies can save over 65% on front desk costs yearly when they use our WelcomeWare receptionist team. One receptionist can cover multiple locations. This generally applies whether you are using your own staff or our receptionist team. Salaries and benefits are covered by WelcomeWare when utilizing our receptionist team. You can also save money by utilizing our offshore staffing option of highly trained professional receptionists with an excellent command of English.
Does your software and hardware conform to HIPAA and established privacy protocols? How does WelcomeWare ensure data security?
– WelcomeWare is HIPAA-compliant. WelcomeWare ensures privacy and security of health information in all forms, with particular care in controlling the confidentiality, storage and access to electronic Protected Health Information. We have achieved this by implementing security standards, administrative, technical, and physical safeguards, organizational requirements, and requirements for documentation, policies and procedures. Our standards are maintained and improved by continuous review and audit of internal processes and business agreements, with the aid of external consultants and specialized staff dedicated to data privacy. WelcomeWare also participates in and has certified its compliance with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss–U.S. Privacy Shield Framework.
Where does WelcomeWare store personal Information?
– Your personal information and files are stored in our servers hosted by our authorized third-party storage providers. We secure Personally Identifiable Information (PII) on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorized access, use or disclosure.
What industries will benefit from WelcomeWare the most?
– WelcomeWare is applicable to virtually any industry including medical, hospitality, industrial, physical therapy, gyms, hotels, professional service organizations, warehousing and storage facilities, office buildings, retail, and any business that needs check-in services.
In what ways is WelcomeWare unique?
– WelcomeWare is part of an established global company, Civicom, with twenty years of experience in facilitating technology-related solutions, all designed to meet specific needs that we have identified by being tuned into people’s needs which drive every product we create. We have been told repeatedly that we are unique in our industry because of our customer-centric philosophy where we always put our clients’ expectations above our own. Our diligence and dedication to client satisfaction are second to none. We are a privately held company that sets our own high standards for how we do business.
What is innovative about WelcomeWare and their technology?
– WelcomeWare provides solutions that are custom-tailored for every client, regardless of location. Our software, hardware, and roster of dedicated remote receptionists are all very flexible and can attune to the needs of each of our clients.
What inspired WelcomeWare to create their technology?
– Civicom developed a safe way for their receptionists to work remotely at the start of the COVID-19 pandemic. They realized the enormous potential to offer a virtual front desk solution to businesses that are struggling with the same problems, so they created WelcomeWare as a result.
What led to the creation of WelcomeWare?
– The front desk experience creates a lasting impression on customers. The impact of COVID and its variants, combined with limited workforce availability in the United States and employee preferences for working from home, confluxed to create a perfect storm of needs for remote front desk and check-in solutions. At Civicom, we realized we have the knowledge of how to use technology to solve these front desk problems, so we developed a solution to meet them.
How did WelcomeWare get involved in the customer service industry?
– Civicom, the parent company of WelcomeWare, realized the need to provide businesses with a virtual solution to their hiring and turnover problems in front desk employment. COVID accelerated this opportunity, which eventually led to the creation of WelcomeWare.
How has the customer service industry changed in the past 5 years?
– Before COVID, there were few options to transition the front desk to a virtual setup. Businesses had remained almost unanimously inclined towards in-person receptionists until the pandemic struck, which is when ideas of a virtual front desk – and WelcomeWare – eventually came to fruition.
How does WelcomeWare assist the customer service industry amidst the pandemic?
– COVID drastically affected the customer service industry because it made face-to-face interactions highly unsafe due to the risk of transmitting the virus. This led companies to struggle in finding long-term receptionists to attend their front desks. WelcomeWare’s primary goal is to solve their problems by turning the front desk virtual, making customer service safe while retaining the functionality of receptionists.
How does WelcomeWare believe the customer service industry will change in the future?
– We firmly believe that the customer service industry will make the virtual front desk ubiquitous in business. Companies and organizations will look to having virtual receptionists as the key to a successful front office, and being a virtual receptionist will become a viable career choice for anyone across the globe.
What are the future plans of WelcomeWare?
– We are aiming to expand our customer base to other lines of business, such as hotels and airports – currently, many of our clients are in the medical industry. We are also improving our software and hardware. Currently, WelcomeWare is able to greet customers, take data input and signatures, and capture IDs with Optical Character Recognition.
Where is WelcomeWare available?
– We can deploy our services to most companies worldwide.